Search engine optimization (SEO) is an online marketing strategy that can result in your website being at the top of search engine results pages. Local SEO is essential if you want to attract and engage customers in your area. This is the section of your website where you optimize it for local search results. Here are some local search examples:
- Nearby clothing stores
- Clinics in my area
- Lawyers in Malaysia
Why is local SEO important for your physical business? Here are just a few of the advantages:
- People are 50% more likely to visit your physical store if they find you online via a local search on their cell phone. At least one out of every three people will visit if they utilize a computer or tablet.
- Almost eight out of every ten mobile phone local searches result in an offline purchase.
- First-time customers frequently conduct a local search to check the existence or location of a shop.
- Almost all customers use the internet to find local companies, and more than 10% of people do so every day.
Who will gain the advantages from local SEO?
Traditional brick-and-mortar companies, such as restaurants Professionals (such as lawyers) or those providing services (e.g., plumbers)
However, not all businesses are suitable for local SEO, such as:
- Private online sellers
- E-commerce stores
- Businesses who refuse to disclose their contact information
So, how can you use local SEO to benefit your company? Here are six suggestions to help you promote your business.
1. Register with Google My Business (GMB) and other internet directories.
A GMB listing is the greatest approach to gain a high ranking in Google’s local search results as well as visibility on Google Maps.
- Create a GMB account and confirm your company’s ownership.
- Double check to make sure that the information you submit is correct and up to date.
- Your product and service offerings, business logo, working hours, payment methods, and photographs should all be included in your listing.
- Respond to consumer feedback and inquiries as soon as possible.
- Post notices for new items, events, or special offers, for example.
Aside from GMB, there are numerous more web directories where you can list your company (for example, YellowPages). If you intend to use multiple folders, make sure to include:
- Your company’s name, address, and contact information
- Backlinks pointing to your website
- A detailed and accurate description of your company
2. Encourage happy customers to give reviews
Positive client feedback serves as a personal endorsement for your company, products, and services. Consider the following advice if you want to encourage reviews:
- After successfully closing a purchase, request an in-person evaluation.
- Send an email or text message to customers asking them to provide a review. However, you should avoid contacting dissatisfied customers.
- When responding to the reviews, keep a professional tone. Thank the consumer for their input and handle any problems as soon as possible.
3. Create a mobile-friendly website that is also optimized for voice search.
People are increasingly using their mobile devices to access the internet. This is a profitable source of potential clients because studies show that three out of every four mobile searches result in a physical visit within 24 hours.
As a result, your local SEO approach should include mobile website optimization. Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Your website’s loading time should be three seconds or less.
- Use large, easy-to-read fonts and only include necessary photos and details.
- Implement an easy-to-use user interface (UI) to ensure that visitors have a positive user experience (UX)
Another local SEO approach to consider is optimizing your online content for voice search. To accomplish this, you will need to change the tone of your text to one that is more conversational. Furthermore, it should be able to answer common inquiries such as:
4. Make a research for local keywords.
It is crucial that you identify the keywords that your local customers use in their searches. Keep this in mind, you can utilize the Google Keyword Planner tool to identify the search terms that are frequently used in a specific place. You may then compile a list of important local keywords and include them into your site’s content and URLs. You should also add local landmarks and hotspots in your web sites.
You can include them on your location pages and include details such as:
- Name, address, and contact information
- Operating hours and parking options
- Promotions and endorsements
- Google Maps is used for each place
- Descriptions that are unique
As a business owner, you must use local SEO methods to attract and engage clients in your area. First and foremost, you should register your company with Google My Business and other web directories. You should also look for local keywords and use them in your blogs, videos, and web content. You should also encourage satisfied consumers to leave favorable reviews and testimonials. Finally, by devoting a dedicated page to each of your product and service offers, you can rapidly establish brand authority.